By The HospoHawker Team
Unfortunately, there are scammers using the Internet and most are based overseas so it’s very difficult to track them down and prosecute. As such it is important to educate yourself and be aware of the types of things to look out for. If you think you’ve encountered a scam that doesn’t match into any of the below examples, then please contact us HERE so that we can update this section of the site and keep people informed.
If you are contacted via text message and asked to email the person then likely this is a scam. It is designed to get around security procedures so do not respond.
If you receive a text message where the sender is labelled as "HospoHawker", this is also likely to be a scam. The scammer is attempting to contact you via an anonymous web-SMS service, where you can manipulate the sender's details. HospoHawker will never send you a text message via SMS.
Be aware of last-minute changes from potential buyers that require you to pay for delivery. If you are asked to pay for a courier and the buyer says they will add it to the cost of your product then do not, it’s a scam.
If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. If a seller will only contact you by email, their phone does not work, they only accept payment via western union or paypal or they are overseas then unfortunately that bargain you’ve found doesn’t really exist. Report this listing using the AD ID on the listing, to be removed from the site.
• If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is
• Do not pay any money if you are the seller
• If the seller indicates they are overseas, then do not continue
• Unless you have the cash in your hand or money in your bank account, you have not been paid
• Do not respond to text messages asking you to contact them via email
• Control the transaction. You decide payment and transport details
• Talk to the buyer/seller. A scammer will avoid talking to you
• Do not trust documents sent to you via email. Fraudulent copies of paypal or western union documents are easy to create.
• If you are in any doubt, contact us via email HERE